The Co-operative Bank lowers rates on
- Five year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.40 per
- Three year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.25 per cent
- Two year fixed rates reduced by up to 0.15 per cent
From today (30 September, 2016), The Co-operative Bank will be
reducing some mortgage rates by up to 0.40 per cent, offering more
competitive mortgage options for those looking to remortgage, or
buy a home for the first time.
The biggest reductions include:
- 0.15 per cent reduction on 2 year fixed rate mortgages at
75 per cent and 90 per cent Loan to Value (LTV), with no product
- 0.25 per cent reduction on 3 year fixed rate mortgages,
90 per cent LTV, £0 and £999 product fees;
- 0.40 per cent reduction on 5 year fixed rate mortgages,
90 per cent LTV, with no product fee.
Highlights of the Co-op Bank mortgage range
- A two year fixed rate mortgage, 90 per cent LTV, £1,499 fee
product at 1.94 per cent;
- A five year fixed rate mortgage, 80 per cent LTV, £1,499 fee
product at 2.34 per cent;
- A five year fixed rate mortgage, 70 per cent LTV, £0 fee, at
2.39 per cent.
Stuart Beattie, Head of Mortgages, said: “We
want to continue to offer great mortgage options for those looking
to buy a home for the first time, and also give remortgaging
homeowners the opportunity to secure a great deal, at a lower rate,
bringing down the cost of their monthly repayments."
“Every penny counts as we move towards an expensive time of the
year for most households, and reducing the amount being paid out on
a mortgage each month can be extremely fruitful, with home loan
repayments often people’s biggest outgoing.”
For further information contact:
The Co-operative Bank Press Office
Notes to editors:
To view all mortgage rates available from the Co-op Bank
About The Co-operative Bank
The Co-operative Bank plc provides a full
range of banking products and services to around 4.4 million retail
and SME (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) customers. The
Bank is committed to values and ethics in line with the principles
of the co-operative movement.
The Co-operative Bank is the only high street bank with a
customer-led ethical policy which gives customers a say in how
their money is used. Launched in 1992, the Policy has been
updated on five occasions, with new commitments added in January
2015 to cover how the Bank operates its business, products and
services, workplace and culture, relationships with suppliers and
other stakeholders and campaigning.